The new retail landscape isn’t static; your markdowns shouldn’t be either. Winning in the competitive omni-channel retail era requires you to excel at pricing strategies and create a path to potential margin growth. That means using more effective, optimally timed markdowns for each product that differentiates between regions, climates and stores.
Our Markdown Optimization Solution helps you maximize your overall profit by optimizing your pricing strategy for each item over its lifetime. It allows you to accurately predict seasonal demand for new products with limited history. By analyzing product attributes, price elasticities, weather and other impacts, it enables you to maximize revenues from your inventory investment.
Markdown Optimization leverages full capabilities of AI and advanced analytics to help you anticipate omni-channel fulfillment opportunities for each and every product. It enables you to lower your markdown loss, achieve higher sell through, and gain visibility into end-of-season sales and inventory levels.
Why use Markdown Optimization?
Excellent markdown-specific forecasting
- Take advantage of AI-powered, omni-channel demand forecasts that uses self-learning markdown algorithms throughout the season
- Use sentiment-based demand sensing approaches for the best forecasting possible
- Create excellent option level markdown forecasting with a complete view of your inventory
- Maximize your profits over an omni-channel network.
Forecast using product attributes and own- and cross-price elasticity
- Not all products respond to markdowns the same way. We use product attributes to estimate own-and cross-price elasticity
- Examine how your products react to price changes, estimate how much demand will increase at any given level of markdown/discount.
- Monitor and learn from deviations from predicted price response.
Oversee the markdown impact for all price levels
- Review the impact of the markdown at an aggregate level
- Use this information to be more proactive in your pricing strategy and to revise plans accordingly.
Optimally timed markdowns that differentiate between regions, climates, and stores
- Set different optimal prices for each store cluster, region or country based on the location-level price elasticity
- Take advantage of your global network to generate maximum profit from your inventory.
Use simulations and compare what-if scenarios in real-time
- Test alternative business rules and objectives quickly and easily see end-of-season projections
- Simulate and evaluate various markdown scenarios
- Use “what if” analysis to reassess your markdown strategies and make optimized markdown decisions.
Profit-optimization throughout the season
- Maximize overall profits by optimizing the pricing strategy of each item over its lifetime
- Accelerate your margin growth
- Act fast for products with a high risk of excessive leftover inventory
- Avoid unnecessary early and deep markdowns for products / locations that will sell out
- Create a successful markdown strategy that reduces your excess inventory to generate the highest maximum revenue.
“Invent Analytics’ Markdown Optimization solution optimized our markdown path through the season and directly improved our margin and end-of-season sell through. Invent Analytics’ Markdown Optimization showed significant impact on our financial KPIs starting from the first day of the implementation.”Hakan Uğur, Chief Merchandising Officer, FLO
Our customers see results
Achieve the highest forecast accuracy in the omni-channel world.Learn More
Store and DC Replenishment Optimization
Make profit-optimized inventory decisions every day.Learn More
Allocate your inventory in anticipation of omni-channel demand that could be fulfilled from every possible source.Learn More
Dynamic and Competitive Price Optimization
Make well-informed, profit-optimal pricing decisions for every product down to Store-SKU levelLearn More
Create customer-centric assortments and maximize profit through localized product selection and assigned shelf space.Learn More
Increase your omni-channel productivity by efficiently optimizing inventory across locations.Learn More